This granola recipe starts with the Nutty Seeds recipe
1 cup almonds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pepitas
1 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs maple syrup
1 tsp himalayan salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
1 cup oats
1/2 cup of shredded coconut
1/2 cup of dried fruit of your choice (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. In a small mixing bowl combine all ingredients except nuts and seeds. (I melted the coconut oil first in the microwave. This could be done on the stove top in a small pot),
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the nuts and seeds.
4. Pour the liquid over the nuts and seeds and stir until thoroughly covered.
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
6. Spread the mixture to ensure even toasting.
7. Cook for 15 minutes.
8. Mix in the oats and shredded coconut.
9. Cook for a further 8 minutes.
10. Take out of the oven and let cool for a few hours.
10. Keep in air tight container at room temperature.
Serve on a smoothie bowl mixture. My favourite is:
1/2 cup of frozen cauliflower
1/2 cup of water
1 scoop of protein powder
(my favourite is Bare Blends Cacao & Cinnamon Plant Protein)
Blend like crazy and pour into a bowl.
Top with a dollop of yoghurt, some fresh berries or other chopped fruit and a 1/4 cup of your granola