Roasted Vegetable & Quinoa Salad
1 cup quinoa
1 large carrot
1 large sweet potato
1 cup butternut pumpkin
1.5 tsp himilayan salt
1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
1 cup of Seedy Nuts a Roastin' (recipe on this blog)
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbs apple cider vinegar
1 Tbs maple syrup
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp himalayan salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1. Pre-soak the quinoa for 4 + hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius.
3. Spread the vegetables over a large baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle liberally with salt. Use your hands to toss everything together until all vegetables are coated. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until vegetables are golden brown and done.
4. Rinse and cook the quinoa on stove as per instructions while the vegetables are roasting.
5. Mix your dressing either by hand or in a blender.
6. Transfer the cooked quinoa to a serving bowl and mix the cooked vegetables through. Add in the dressing, parsley and roasted nuts and mix until combined.