Grain Free Granola Goodness
This granola recipe starts with the Nutty Seeds recipe (I have added it here so it's all in one post for you :) )
Nutty Seeds (Spiced)
1 cup almonds (roughly chopped)
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pepitas
1 tbs coconut oil
1 tsp himalayan salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
Extra ingredients for Granola
1/2 cup of shredded coconut
1/2 cup of psyllium husks
1/4 cup of ground flax
1/4 cup of chia
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
2. In a small mixing bowl combine all ingredients except nuts and seeds. (I melted the coconut oil first in the microwave. This could be done on the stove top in a small pot),
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the nuts and seeds.
4. Pour the liquid over the nuts and seeds and stir until thoroughly covered.
5. Spread the mixture to ensure even toasting.
6. Cook for 15 minutes.
7. Mix in the ground flax and shredded coconut.
8. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
9. Take out of the oven and let cool for a few hours.
10. Add the chia and psyllium husks and mix well.
11. Keep in air tight container at room temperature in cooler months, in fridge in summer.
Serve on a smoothie bowl mixture. (See my Green Smoothie bowl recipe)
Top with a dollop of yoghurt, some fresh berries or other chopped fruit and a 1/4 cup of your granola